30 May 2012

snap it 'red'

Greetings all,
Red is by far my favourite accessory colour for decor, kitchen appliances & fashion.  Scrolling through photos for red inspiration rather than take a new photograph, i found these beauties from family travels . . . 
a Murano glass chandelier in Venice - very difficult to photograph the glass in stores as most have 'no photo' signs, so i took shots on the move, much to my husband's horror.  They make red glass with gold, which explains why red glass is the most pricey . . . 
 yay, Disneyland, better yet, the Disneyland Hotel in Hong Kong where Minnie Mouse visits your table while you dine, it was the BEST family holiday of all time . . . 
 living in Canberra is fantastically close to the ski fields, so we throw the children on toboggans & push them down hills at Mt Selwyn for a wild time (our children have no fear, they even build jumps.) FYI best thigh work out EVER going back up the hills . . .   
 one year we had friends getting married in Sydney & we were about to move from Darwin, so i sent my husband & preschool aged son on a trip together while i packed up the house (they went for a week, the girls were in school, it was 6 hours of silent packing each day, ahhh.)  Here is our boy on a ferry from Taronga Zoo across Sydney Harbour with his much loved fearsome tiger 'Bella' . . . 
 Oh look at this, our now enormous German Shepherd was once a little puppy with a sweet red collar.  I nursed him on my lap the whole way home from the breeders, 300km away.  Yes, he grew into those massive paws & is the most loyal & loving family dog.
Playing with Faith Hope & a Whole Lotta Love Photography Snap It series today, love Posie

12 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

the last shot is so cute! :)

All For Love said...

Oh Posie, every single one of those photos is beautiful. Such precious memories in all of them. Love that pic of your little guy on the red seat, adorable.
The tobogan shot is very cool too.
I also like the way you used red font, so in keeping with the theme.
Red is one of my fave colours, so I've really enjoyed the vibrance of this week's topic xoxo

CHD said...

I love red too. That red glass looks amazing. Cx

Little Nan said...

We never visited Murano when we went to Venice...wish we did! That chandelier is gorgeous! I love the snow shot too! Funny!

admin said...

great redness!! I love that chandelier. cheeky you for getting a pic of it!!

Jan Maree said...

Love red, love Disneyland, especially Disneyland Hotel except that I went to the one in California! Loved winters in tobogganing with the kids around the corner from home and yep, you are right about the thighs! Cute pup! Go RED!!

Polly said...

Wonderful photos, I'm tempted to take my family to Hong Kong, simply to be served by Minnie Mouse.
My voucher arrived too, thankyou so much - we spent up at Bakers Delight today!

ally said...

Oh I love that massive red collar on that tiny pup
Beautiful reds Jennie

Tas said...

Heh, heh. I remember taking photos on the move and around Europe. Had to evade a security guard in a French department store even.

Uptight Europeans lol.

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

I took a whole series of chandelier shots for our future home, it was so difficult, focusing, then doing a walk by. Love Posie

Pet Shops Melbourne said...

I love German puppies so much.

Sally said...

I love red. Great red shots.