14 February 2012

have a lover-ly day

Greetings all,
Never one to anticipate Valentine's Day with roses, chocolates or gifts - i'm just thrilled if my husband is around (he's not, i'm not thrilled) but i can make it a fun day of love hearts for the children.  My darling husband is romantic in non roses-chocolates-gifts style, our first Valentine's Day he made a card (on folded ruled paper) drew a rose & wrote a tiny poem, so beautiful & i still have it!!     
Kikki-K of course has super sweet stationery, i bought the range in last month.
 We made a big batch of Vanilla Snap Biscuits for friends . . .
 the heart shaped trio cutters are from Gidgi on line (hi Rachael), i dusted the edges with flour for cutting, worked a treat.  I could have iced the finished biscuits or dusted with confectioner's sugar, but they'd end up a sticky mess by recess, so kept it simple. 
 The children decorated CD window envelopes for their teachers & friends, my high schooler made hers funny with "OMG, you give me butterflies" & my son wrote "Mrs Awesome Todd" complete with love hearts for his favourite teacher.  I know she'll adore it, she constantly threatens to kidnap my boy, it's his dimples, just like his papa.  
 I have found some new desserts to try out, so i wrote a comprehensive shopping list & promptly left it on the kitchen counter, so wandered Coles hoping i could remember everything.  Amazingly i remembered all the chocolate i needed, hmmm??
 I see lots of this happening to burn off said chocolate, with my constant companion Khan.  How glorious is dog walking in beautiful weather??    
 Happy Valentine's Day lover-ly folks & a friendly welcome to my new followers, thanks so much for joining my bloggie caper, love Posie

19 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

walking with your pup is good 'heart' exercise. :)

Anonymous said...

Great idea with the bickies and cd covers!! Have a greta day xx

mel @ loved handmade said...

Happy Valentines day to you! We don't celebrate valentines but there can never be enough hearts & chocolate in one's life!

Jan Maree said...

enjoy your valentines day with your kidliwinks! How awesome are the gifts for the teachers! Cute! I know what the teacher means about the dimples! BTW am sending a care package for surgery time - is PO Box the best address?

Sarah B said...

What a cute idea. I plan on making some heart-shaped biscuits today too. I'm sort of glad I don't live near a KikkiK store or I'd never have any money. Those stamps are so cute!

Unknown said...

Happy valentines miss posie! Those heart cookies look scrumdiddlyumptious!

Calico Child said...

Happy Valentines too Posie oooh all that chocolate tee hee enjoy creating, I normally leave my shopping list too :)
Love Kiki K stationery i am always going into the shop at Chermside when visiting Brisbane.
Have a fab day enjoy the heart biscuits they look yummy! :)

Beck said...

I love Kikki K!! I saw those little stamp sets but I forgot to pick one up. So cute. Thanks for the idea of the heart shaped biccies, I think I'll make some for after school snacks. Hope lots of cuddles and kisses come your way today xo

Anonymous said...

happy valentine's day my love.

Amy said...

Happy Valentines Day Jennie!

I don't think my hubby has remembered. I'm not fussed though. I am just giving him a card when he gets home this afternoon. He was gone before I woke up this morning.

Felicity said...

Happy day lovely You!

Your thoughtfulness knows no bounds and I'm storing away that clever idea of the bikkies in the CD envelopes = genius!

Big hug from afar,
x

The Provincial Homemaker said...

Oh, look like you making to bake up a storm today. I just got our valentines day cake out of the oven and boy is it decadent - I used the sheet cake Retromummy posted on her blog last week. Now to decorate it appropriately.

Mum on the Run said...

So sweet! :-)
In some instances, literally! xx

polkadotpeticoat said...

Happy Valentines Day....were going out with friends for dinner....first time in a while!

Amanda said...

Those cookie cutters look cute - what a sweet idea to make those biscuits.

P.S Tried to email you on Friday but it got returned to me - your Donna Hay magazine arrived, thank you SO much, have been flicking through it since the weekend :)

Tiff said...

Snap! I made loads of heart shaped cookies too! (60+ for the staff at school!) I love the cd envelope idea! Looks like you are about to cook up a storm with those supplies! Happy Valentines! X

ally said...

sounds like a totaly loverly day
xx

Bron said...

Never too much chocolate...Hope you have found someone to share it with this week.xxx :)

Magi said...

I love using CD covers for biscuits. My fave are smartie cookies in coloured CD covers. I am aiming at doing snowflake cookies in red covers for Xmas (think Scandinavian look), just have to find a snowflake cookie cutter, but I have time. Hope you had a glorious Valentines with your 4 cherubs.