20 March 2010

if you EVER need a reason to cheer yourself up . . . try Cake Wrecks!!

Greetings all,
While I’m not a fan of blog posts which don’t relate or use the images of the blog owner, I’m going to make an exception here.  Ever since my friend Lisa from Canberra’s Got Style blog put me onto Regretsy, which I think is the funniest name for a blog ever - if you haven’t ever visited, go immediately, all the things on etsy which are . . . regretful.  Anyway, when I heard about this Cake Wrecks blog, I knew I’d love it.
As a bit of a try hard & fail cake icing disaster myself, I can laugh out loud at these efforts as most Cake Wrecks are by professional cake decorators aka “Wreckorators”.  Wreckporters email in images of sad sad cakes they have witnessed, ordered or had the misfortune of tasting – from spelling mistakes, writing word for word instructions on the order & those which are just plain wrong with a capital R. They even have a book with my favourite of all Cake Wrecks on the cover - decorating with this winner . . . "Best Wishes Suzanne, under neath that, We Will Miss You".  Imagine a Woman’s Weekly "How NOT to Decorate Children’s Cakes"!!
The blog post images go something like this . . . with their whitty & hilarious captions . . .
I've had a bandaid in a shop bought cake before, but scissors??  Poison challis from this bakery perhaps??
Tell me, was your wedding cake cute, fun & quirky or slasher??

Did you watch the Supper Bowl or the Super Bowel??
On Sundays there is some light relief with beautiful, amazing, stunning, award winning cakes . . .
. . . which make up for entries like this, shudder!!
How is it that so many icing efforts end up looking like a penis or poo - instead of, you know, a first birthday cake for a sweet baby in the shape of a number one??!!  Now quick, deep breaths & get over to Bakerella for some more beautiful, amazing & inspirational decorating ideas on cookies to cakes!! Awesome Julie from Handmade Market put me onto Bakerella, love her.  Enjoy, love Posie

19 comments:

Tania McCartney said...

That clown riding a dog poop - I swear to God - what were they THINKING! I have wet myself.

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

Please no one over look the "Happy 8th Birthday Mum" cake. My children thought that was so so funny. The caption on the Cake Wrecks' blog said "she doesn't look a day over 7" which my 8 year old twins loved so so much. Love Posie

Corrie said...

oh dear! don't we all need a laugh on a saturday night when we should be sewing but are waiting for everyone to go to bed! hilarious!

corrie:)

Sarah said...

Hilarious! The 8 year old mum cake made me laugh heartily!!

Kylie said...

Thanks for the laugh:)

ohjoana said...

I hardly can say each one is my favorite, all of them look delicious and like small pieces of art. I wished I could bite them all!

Tania said...

I've seen 'Happy Birthday Adam With Blue Flowers' before but it never fails to CRACK ME UP!

yardage girl said...

Thanks for a good giggle - clever! Nic

Cath @ chunkychooky said...

I love regretsy- love it - it kills me- this is just as funny!!

Jodie said...

Cake wrecks is hysterical - But I gasped at the down the rabbit hole one - how beautiful !

Liz said...

I have a regular look at this blog, works wonders when you need a laugh. I have to say if I ever made a cake that disastrous, I would never, never, ever take a photo of it ;o)) it would stay a dark and dirty secret to the end of my life!!!!
Have a great day.
Lizzie
xxx

Anonymous said...

The one with Adam and the blue flowers made me laugh out loud. I love seeing cake mistakes!

thank you for your sweet comment about my blog!

Cathie said...

absolutely hilarious!!
I don't tend to visit regretsy but pop into cake wrecks & bakerella every so often.
ohh wow, that would be the ultimate shot to the ego, to have your cake featured on cake wrecks...must be careful.

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Thanks for the laugh!! Some of those cakes are seriously funny.

Ren- Lady Of The Arts said...

Love this- I have visited this site a few time and it never fails to make me laugh- Lovely blog!

sarah-jane down the lane said...

"Super Bowel" cracked me up!

I haven't looked a t cake wrecks for ages, LOVE IT, thanks for making me giggle this ,morning!

Sarah x

Unknown said...

So so funny ! I'm from a big family and we all put in to have a pen engraved for my Mum . It was to have the names from the 3rd eldest down to the youngest child . When we picked up the pen engraved on it was "to Mum love from Helen Down " Yes we still call my sister Helen Down , lol !

Anonymous said...

OMG! They are just too funny....

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

I do regret the clown riding the poo cake image, still makes my stomach churn when i see it. Thanks for the comments, now i know i'm not laughing on my own when i visit Cake Wrecks!! Love Posie